New Recipe #4
January 10, 2012
Tonight, I was going for a meal more on the healthier side. I love salmon and had some in my freezer, so I decided to go with baked salmon and rice with peas on the side. I decided to add a little seasonings past the usual salt and pepper. I like to buy my salmon steaks as fresh frozen and in individual, sealed packages since I’m generally just cooking for myself. I usually use the quicker method for defrosting my salmon steaks which is to place the salmon steaks in package in a bowl of cold water for about 30 minutes.
- Cook rice as directed on package adding butter and salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together butter, lemon juice, thyme, and oregano.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in baking dish.
- Place salmon steaks in baking dish seasoning both sides with salt and pepper.
- Brush butter mixture on both sides of salmon steaks.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is flakey.
- I prefer my salmon with just butter, lemon, salt, and pepper. The thyme and oregano were a little too strong for me. I really enjoy the taste of salmon and felt like I lost that a little to the thyme. I got the idea from a food network recipe, so it was worth the try.
- Next time, I’ll probably try searing the salmon before baking it.